As promised, here is the step-by-step tutorial for yesterday's card.
1) Using Rose Red card stock; die cut 3 small butterflies and one large butterfly using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die.
2) Sponge the edges and embossed design on the large butterfly with Basic Grey ink. Cut a Stampin' Dimensional in half and place on the back of the butterfly as shown.
3) Using the pen tip of the Multipurpose glue, apply a fat dot of glue onto the center back of each small butterfly and set aside to dry.
4) On a 4-1/4" wide piece of Always Artichoke card stock, mark a horizontal line 5/8" from the edge as shown. Also mark 3 vertical lines. One each at 5/8", 1-5/8" and 2-5/8" as shown. (Click to enlarge photo)
6) Now trim this piece to be 1-1/4" wide. You should now have a piece that is 1-1/4" X 4-1/4" with 3 circles punched out of it. OK! Now the tricky part is over! Whew!
7) On a Crumb Cake card base, stamp your verse using Basic Black ink as shown. A card base is made by folding an 8-1/2" X 5-1/2" piece of card stock in half. Optionally, you can fold a 4-1/4" X 11" piece of card stock in half. Either will give you a 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" card base.
8) Glue the punched Always Artichoke layer onto your card, right below the verse as shown.
9) Use the Scallop Trim Border Punch along one edge of a 4-1/4" X 1-1/2" strip of Rose Red card stock. Adhere a 4-1/4" X 1-3/4" piece of Springtime Vintage DSP (Designer Series Paper) onto your punched border so that only the scallop trim shows and adhere onto your card as shown.
10) As soon as the glue is dried on your butterflies, attach them and you're done!
Designer's Tips: Sponge Daubers work best when sponging small areas like the embossed design on the large butterfly. They're small, dense foam applicators which are very easy to use and can be cleaned. You get 12 in a pack!
Did you know that Tombow Multipurpose glue can be used more than the 2 ways advertised? When you apply a dot of it and allow it to dry clear before attaching your piece like we did today, you'll find that the glue will hold it's shape and act as a dimensional glue dot!
STAMPIN’ UP SUPPLIES:
• Because I Care Hostess Stamp Set (WM 118384, CM 120118)
• STAMPIN’ UP INK PADS: 109120 Going Gray, 101179 Basic Black
• STAMPIN’ UP CARDSTOCK: 105119 Always Artichoke, 102544 Rose Red, 120953 Crumb Cake
• STAMPIN’ UP ACCESSORIES: 121782 Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper, 102892 Sponge Daubers, 110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive, 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals, 119873 3/4" Circle Punch, 118402 Scallop Trim Border Punch
• BIG SHOT GOODIES: 113439 Big Shot, 118138 Beautiful Wings Embosslit