Have you gotten your FREE Sale-a-bration goodies yet? There's not much time left, only 25 more days! Here's a fun, easy card you can make using the SAB Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack which is one of the items you can earn for FREE! It includes 48 flower buttons and 15 yards of printed ribbon! You could make oodles of cards with that!
1) On a 4" X 5-1/4" piece of Old Olive card stock, adhere ribbon as shown. If desired, you can draw a very thin line of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the back of the ribbon and let it sit for a few minutes to get tacky, then place it on your card stock.
2) Stamp your verse onto a strip of Whisper White card stock using Pacific Point ink and trim to be 1/2" – 3/4" longer than the verse on both ends.
3) Slide the "front" end of the strip into your Square Punch to make a pointed end. See photo #1. (click to enlarge)
4) Lay this strip onto your mat pack and place the button where you want it. Using the holes of the button as your guide, pierce holes in the card stock using the Piercing Tool. If the button won't cooperate and keeps sliding off, you can use a mini glue dot to hold it in place. See photo #2. (click to enlarge)
5) Using a dental floss threader, thread a 10" piece of linen thread through the Melon Mambo button and the card stock. Tie it on the back of the card stock and leave long tails. See photo #3. (click to enlarge)
6) Using Stampin' Dimensionals, adhere the stamped banner onto the card as shown.
7) Using the dental floss threader again, thread the tails through the Pacific Point button and adhere in place using a mini glue dot. Tie the linen thread and trim.
8) Take a 3-1/2" X 3-1/2" piece of Melon Mambo card stock and cut in half. Adhere them vertically; one in the upper left and one in the lower right corners of a Pacific Point card base. Now add your Old Olive layer.
9) Using the dental floss threader and another piece of linen thread, sew together 3 buttons and adhere using mini glue dots as shown. I have the thread going through each button twice to keep them from sliding along the thread.
Stampin Up! Supplies
- Curly Cute stamp set (WM 117014, CM 120510)
- Ink: 111837 Pacific Point
- Card Stock: 100730 Whisper White, 115320 Melon Mambo, 111350 Pacific Point, 100702 Old Olive
- Accessories: 105826 Mat Pack, 116631 Piercing Tool, 119877 Square Punch 1-3/8", 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals, 110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 103683 Mini Glue Dots, 104199 Linen Thread, SAB 123529 Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack
- Non-Stampin' Up: Dental Floss Threader
Here's a revised supply list that will help you get the Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack:
- Ink: 111837 Pacific Point
- Card Stock: 100730 Whisper White, 119706 Brights Assorted Pack card stock
- Accessories: 105826 Mat Pack, 116631 Piercing Tool, 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals, 110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 103683 Mini Glue Dots, 104199 Linen Thread
This list comes to $52.20 and you can get 123529 Ribbon & Button Pack FREE!!
If you want to qualify for 2 FREE items; you might consider adding:
- 104152 Paper Cutter, 102300 Bone Folder, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive, instead of getting the assorted pack of card stock, get- 11530 Melon Mambo, 111350 Pacific Point, 100702 Old Olive
This would bring your total to $104.95 and you could also get the So Happy For You stamp set (WM 121853, CM 123220) FREE. It has 5 cute verse stamps and any of them would work in the above card design! Variety is awesome! It also has 5 cute little accent stamps.
Click HERE to visit my online store and get your FREE Sale-a-bration Ribbon & Button Pack with any qualifying* order! *One FREE SAB item with every $50 ordered not including tax and shipping.