Did you know that you can make an adorable bunny using the Blossom Petals Punch? And I have just the right Easter Treat to put him on – Russell Stover Bunny Money!
I'm very happy with the results and I hope you try it! Because I wanted to make a snug wrapper that fit the chocolate bar, I have some rather precise measurements. But not to worry! I'll show you exactly where to cut and score so you can impress anyone lucky enough to get one. Hmmm … that chocolate looks really good. I might just keep mine!
1) Begin with a a 6-1/2" wide piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock and cut it to be 5 -13/16" long. See lower right picture. Click to enlarge.
2) Stamp with Dotted Spring background using Pear Pizzazz ink.
3) Place the 5 -13/16" side against the top rail of the paper cutter and position at the 3 -1/16" mark. Score. See pic above. Click to enlarge.
4) Move to the 2 -3/4" mark and score. See picture above right
5) Using Whisper White card stock and Pretty in Pink card stock; punch 2 large white leaves and 2 small pink leaves using the Blossom Petals Punch. Sponge all edges with Pretty in Pink ink.
6) Use the 3/4" X 15/16" Oval Punch to make one Whisper White oval. Sponge edges with Pretty in Pink ink.
7) Glue these pieces onto the stamped card stock as shown below making sure not to cross over the first score line. Click pic to enlarge.
9) Dot each black circle using the White Signo Gel Pen.
10) Using Paper Cutter, cut thin threads of gray card stock to form whiskers.
11) Glue these pieces onto bunny as shown above left.
12) Add 2 large pearls for cheeks as shown above right.
13) Cut a 6" X 8" piece of Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper. Place 8" side against the top rail of the paper cutter and position paper at the 5 -1/2" mark. Gently score. Reposition at the 5 -1/4" mark and gently score.
14) Continuing from above, reposition the Designer Series Paper at the 2 -5/8" mark and gently score. Move to the 2 -3/8" mark and gently score. See picture below. Click to enlarge.
15) Place Bunny Money candy bar onto inside center panel of DSP and wrap ends over front of bar. Secure closed with a short 1" line of SNAIL Adhesive. Only a short line is needed because we want this to be easy to open.
See 3 pictures below. Click to enlarge.
16) Going back to tne Pear Pizzazz piece with the punch bunny on it, fold and sharply crease on fold lines.
17) Place DSP wrapped Bunny Money inside folded Pear Pizzazz piece so that the open edge of DSP is facing the front and adhere to back using SNAIL Adhesive.
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Stamps: 117134 Dotted Spring background
Ink: 119784 Pear Pizzazz, 101301 Pretty in Pink
Card Stock: 119795 Pear Pizzazz, 100459 Pretty in Pink, 100730 Whisper White, 121045 Basic Black, 121044 Basic Gray
Accessories: 121782 Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper, 104152 Paper Cutter, 121808 Blossom Petals Punch, 121807 Build a Cupcake Punch, 120908 3/4" X 15/16" Oval Punch, 119247 Basic Pearls, 110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 105021 Signo Gel Pen, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive, 101610 Stampin' Sponges