I finally broke into my new stamp set from the Summer Mini catalog called The Open Sea. I'm really likin' the potential I see! So many possibilities for cool cards and scrapbook pages!
I am SO liking this card! I even added a Sailor's Knot! Click HERE to see how. I have a hard time coming up with masculine cards and this one definitely fills the bill! It would be great for a birthday, thank you or even Father's Day. Simply write your message on a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of printer paper and adhere to the inside. Don't forget to sign your name on the back. When you care enough to send the very best you make it yourself!
Here's my tutorial for this card:
1) Fold a half sheet of Cherry Cobbler card stock in half for your card base.
2) Using Crumb Cake ink, stamp the ledger onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Using Early Espresso ink, stamp the globe and ship over the ledger as shown.
3) Using your Paper Snips, trim the stamped piece as shown and mount onto a 3-5/8" x 4-3/8" piece of Not Quite Navy card stock.
4) Cut 2 short pieces of Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine and tie into a Sailor's Knot. Adhere onto card as shown. I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue. This was kinda tricky and I considered stamping the compass rose there instead.
5) Using Cherry Cobbler ink, stamp the anchor onto a small piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Trim out as shown with Paper Snips and punch a hole through the ring in the top of the anchor using the 1/16" punch. Set aside for next step.
6) Unwind about a yard of Bakers Twine without cutting and wrap it around the Not Quite Navy card layer as shown. When you have it as you like it, then cut it. String the anchor onto one end before tying into a knot. Mount this layer onto the card base.
7) Adhere the bottom of the anchor onto the card using a Stampin' Dimensional.
- Stamps: The Open Sea (WM 123030, CM 123032)
- Ink: 121030 Crumb Cake, 119670 Early Espresso, 119669 Cherry Cobbler
- Card Stock: 119685 Cherry Cobbler, 101722 Not Quite Navy, 101650 Very Vanilla
- Accessories: 123125 Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, 103579 Paper Snips, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive, 110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals, 101227 1/16" Circle Punch
Like the card? Click the 'Like' button!