Hello again! I didn't forget about the card I promised. I wanted to make the card shown on page 218 in the new IBC, but with a slight difference. I'm using the Scallop Rectangle Clearits Die instead of the Designer Frames Embossing Folder.
1) Fold a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Baja Blue CS in half to form your card base.
2) Ink your Very Vintage Jumbo wheel using VersaMark and "wheel" or roll across the card front. Re-ink and repeat 2 more times to cover the entire front.
3) Allow to partially dry or use Heat Tool for a minute to begin drying the ink. Do not allow to dry completely.
4) Take a Sponge Dauber and rub it over the Baja Breeze Stampin' Pastel. Pat it over the entire front of the card, reloading as needed. Rub the card with the same Sponge Dauber to deepen the color in a few places.
5) Use Scallop Edge Border Punch along the right edge of the card front.
6) Wrap a length of Linen Thread around card and tie as shown.
7) Cut a 4" x 5-1/2" piece of DSP and adhere onto back of card front so that it extends approx. 1/8" beyond the scallops. If desired, use a piece of DSP that contains the picture of the moth.
8) Use the Scallop Rectangle Clearits Die to die cut a piece of Baja Breeze CS. Sponge edges with Baja Breeze ink.
9) Cut a 1-3/8" x 1-7/8" piece of DSP and adhere onto Scallop Rectangle. Adhere onto card as shown.
10) Use Beautiful Wings Embosslit to die cut Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede and DSP butterflies. Using small dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere to card as shown.
11) Place a tiny Basic Pearl in the center of each small butterfly and a small Basic Pearl in the center of the main butterfly. Add a small Basic Pearl in each scallop as shown. See Designer Tip HERE for help placing the pearls.
- Stamps: 117693 Very Vintage Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel
- Ink: 102283 VersaMark, 111833 Baja Breeze
- Card Stock (CS): 111352 Baja Breeze, 119684 Cajun Craze, 100946 More Mustard, 119795 Pear Pizzazz, 115318 Soft Suede
- Accessories: 121878 First Edition Speciality Designer Series Paper (DSP), 119882 Scallop Edge Border Punch, 120962 Stampin' Pastels, 102892 Sponge Daubers, 104199 Linen Thread, 119247 Basic Pearls, 116631 Paper-Piercing Tool, 110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
- Big Shot Supplies: 113439 Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, 118138 Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, 118872 Scallop Rectangle Clearits Die