Halloween is only a month away and it's time to make some fun cards. Here's one using the Stocking Builder Punch to make Witch Boots! Aren't you glad this punch is versatile and can be used for more than just Christmas Stockings?
1) Fold a half sheet of Basic Black CS in half as your card base. Place one side into the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and run through the Big Shot. This is the front of your card.
2) Place a 3-1/2" x 4-1/2" piece of Wisteria Wonder CS inside the Square Lattice embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot. Sponge with Wisteria Wonder ink and adhere to card front. Designer Tip: I recommend using Multipurpose Liquid Glue whenever you are attaching a textured layer to provide a more secure hold. Simply "scribble" a thin line of glue onto the back of your layer and press it onto your card.
3) Place a 3" x 4" piece of Lucky Limeade CS inside the Square Lattice embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot. Sponge with Lucky Limeade ink and adhere at an angle over the Wisteria Wonder layer.
4) Place a 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" piece of Calypso Coral CS inside the Square Lattice embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot. Sponge with Calypso Coral ink and adhere over Lucky Limeade layer as shown.
5) Using the Full Heart Punch, hold it so that the bottom point of the heart is pointing up and punch the edge of a 2-1/2" tall piece of Basic Black CS as shown in photo 1 below. You are punching out half of the heart shape which will give a curve to the top of the Witch Boot and how we get the pointy toe. (click pic to enlarge)
6) Now, slide that punched black CS into the Stocking Builder Punch aligning it as shown in photo 2 above. (click pic to enlarge) Punch it out and you have your first Witch Boot!
7) Repeat steps 5 & 6 to make the 2nd Witch Boot.
8) Use the Stocking Builder Punch to punch 2 Whisper White stockings and trim the bottoms off just below the heel as shown in photo 3 below. Use the wide brush end of the Lucky Limeade Marker to create wide stripes on the stockings as shown. Use the fine point of the Wisteria Wonder and the Calypso Coral Markers to add narrow stripes as shown. The stripes don't have to be perfectly straight because witches really aren't that picky ; )
9) Use Paper Snips to create the heel of the boot and then apply a little glue to the heel area of the black Witch Boot as shown in photo 4. (click to enlarge)
10) Adhere the black boot over the striped stocking lining up the heel and back edges of the stockings for proper alignment. It should now look like the photos below. Photo 5_1 shows the back side of your joined stockings and Photo 5_2 shows the front side of the joined stockings. (Click to enlarge)
11) Trim the exposed area of striped stocking to match black stocking with either your Paper Snips or by sliding it into the Full Heart Punch and punching out the excess.
If this seems difficult or tricky (trick or treat!), you can fold the black boot down at an angle to create the cut line.
13) Repeat steps 9-12 for the second Witch Boot. Make sure you have a left & right boot. Glue onto card as shown and you're done!
- Ink: 122936 Wisteria Wonder, 122935 Lucky Limeade, 122939 Calypso Coral, 123002 In-Color Markers (2011-2013)
- Card Stock (CS): 121045 Basic Black, 122922 Wisteria Wonder, 122926 Lucky Limeade, 122925 Calypso Coral, 100730 Whisper White
- Accessories: 101610 Stamping Sponges, 110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue, 119883 Full Heart Punch, 124095 Stocking Builder Punch, 103579 Paper Snips
- Big Shot Supplies: 113439 Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, 120175 Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, 119976 Square Lattice embossing folder
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it easy to follow.
Please click the "Like" button and tell your friends!