Hello! Just wanted to pop in quickly to remind you that today is the last day to order from the 2012 Occasions Mini and also the last day for the Summer Smooches Sneak Peek! Sadly, the fabric brads are sold out, but everything else is still available. You can browse through the Occasions Mini catalog HERE.
Don’t forget the last chance lists! Here are a couple of cards that use the Lace Ribbon Border Punch and the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch. Both of these are discounted and on the retiring list, so be sure to get yours before they’re gone!
1) Fold a half sheet of Island Indigo in half for your card base.
2) Using the Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch and Whisper White card stock, punch a 6″ length of Lace Ribbon.
3) Using the 1″ Circle Punch, punch circles from Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade card stock.
4) Using the fine tip of the Multipurpose Liquid Glue, place tiny dots of glue in several places on the back of the punched lace ribbon and adhere the circles as shown below. The 2-Way Glue Pen would also work for this. Flip it over, adhere to card as shown and trim to fit. Click pic to enlarge.
5) Punch a short length of Calypso Coral lace ribbon and trim out center flower as shown above. (The one shown above is white) Your Paper Snips make quick work of this! Also; set aside 1 of the small flower scraps that was made while punching the lace ribbon.
6) Using Wisteria Wonder card stock and your Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, punch a flower.
7) Stamp the greeting in Island Indigo ink onto Whisper White card stock and punch out using the Scallop Oval Punch.
8) Assemble card as shown.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Happy Greetings (WM 123311, CM 123313)
- Ink: 122937 Island Indigo
- Card Stock: 100730 Whisper White, 124329 In Color 2011 assorted, OR_ 122925 Calypso Coral, 122923 Island Indigo, 122926 Lucky Limeade, 122924 Pool Party, 122922 Wisteria Wonder
- Accessories: 122362 Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch, 119868 1″ Circle Punch, 122464 Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, 119856 Scallop Oval Punch, 110755 Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive or 100425 2-Way Glue Pen, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
Here’s a fun way to use the Bouquet Blossom Triple Layer Punch.
When you open this card, a gift box pops up! Who wouldn’t be surprised and impressed when you give them a card like this? It’s great for any gift giving occasion!
I promised to give you the gift box tutorial today. Ready to learn how? Let’s go!
Cut a 1-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ piece of fan print DSP. Score at 1/2″, 1″ and 2-1/4″.
This illustration is a solid color (not the DSP) so that you can see the score lines better. You will be working with your piece of DSP.
Next, punch a Blossom from Poppy Parade CS with the Triple Layer Blossom Punch using setting or position 3.
Now lay the punched blossom onto your scored DSP as shown. You want the fan print facing up as shown below. Using ordinary household cellophane tape, tape the bottom portion of the blossom only. Make sure the tape does not cover or go above the score line.
Next, cut a 1-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ piece of fan print DSP and adhere over the panel that has the tape on it.
The photos show the blossom taped onto the scored DSP and then the small DSP piece layered over the bottom of the blossom punch. I know it’s hard to see those score lines, but they’re there.
Fold all score lines to form the shape below.
Now apply SNAIL adhesive to the top 1/2″ section and close the card.
Press over the area where the gift box is to secure. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and this card. The patterns and colors make this a card suitable or anyone on your list! The supply list is the same as yesterday when we made the main card. You can find it HERE.