The Movers & Shapers Curly Label Die is a die base and movable magnetic piece that you can move around to die cut fun shaped windows anywhere you desire on your card front. When you place a half sheet of 12" x 12" card stock or designer paper on it, it also die cuts and scores your card for you. As with all our Bigz XL dies it requires the use of the Extended Cutting Pads and since this die scores, you'll need the Extended Premium Crease Pad. However! What if you don't have any 12" x 12" paper? What if you don't have that crease pad? Today's tutorial answers those questions!
1) Cut a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Tangerine Tango CS. Along the 11" side, score in the center at 5-1/2" to form your card base. This score line will serve as a guide as well as allowing the CS to fold smoothly where you want it to.
3) Position your Tangerine Tango card (from step 1) on the die so that it lays inside the cutting blades.
4) Make your cutting sandwich like this: place the end of the die that contains the Curly Label piece on one of your standard size cutting mats. Place the other cutting mat over the die and CS so that it does not cover the center scoring blade.
Use the scored line on your CS as your guide. See picture, click to enlarge.
Run through the Big Shot.
5) Cut a 1-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece of Summer Smooches DSP. Adhere onto a 1-3/4" x 4-1/4" piece of Island Indigo CS. Adhere to card front below Curly Label Window as shown.
6) Adhere a piece of Island Indigo CS inside your card so that it shows through the die cut window when the card is closed.
7) Stamp the tulip blossom onto a piece of Whisper White CS using Tempting Turquoise ink. Stamp the verse below it using Basic Black ink. Punch out using the Curly Label Punch.
8) Close the card and adhere the punched image to the inside of the card through the window using Stampin' Dimensionals. (mounting it through the window is the easiest way to get it aligned)
*Ink: 101179 Basic Black, 100814 Tempting Turquoise
*Card Stock (CS): 111349 Tangerine Tango, 122923 Island Indigo, 100730 Whisper White
To see a card made using the Modern Label Moveable Magnetic die, click HERE.